We’ll Help Prepare Your Land, Building Plans, Finishing Touches & More
Building a custom house is an exciting milestone in a family’s life. We know that it can also feel daunting. That’s why we truly are the perfect partner for future homeowners building a house in Kent County and Sussex County. With more than two decades of building experience in Delaware, the team at Blue Hen is the experienced home builders who can help pave the way for you.
If you already own land, we can help prepare your lot for home construction. We are familiar with local building codes, requirements, permitting, restrictions and more. Here are some of the questions you might need to consider as you move forward:
- Does a family member plan to “gift” you the land? We have experience guiding our clients through this process.
- Has a site evaluation been performed to determine if a septic system is viable?
- Does the property need to be cleared of trees and other vegetation? We can help with this!
Blue Hen can handle all of the requirements like these during the lot preparation process. Take advantage of our decades of experience and knowledge for greater peace of mind.
Our Building Plans … or Yours!
We offer two choices for your building plans. You can select and customize one of our elegant designs or we can bring your concepts and ideas to life. We’re comfortable working with any sketch, blueprint or design—even an idea scribbled on a napkin!
You’ll Love Our Design Center Showroom
Building a custom house typically involves visiting several different stores to choose your flooring, fixtures and more. But Blue Hen has streamlined this process to save you time and travel. Instead of carving out huge chunks of your daily schedule for these appointments, you can visit our on-site Design Center Showroom in Harrington, where you’ll find everything under one roof, including countertops, cabinets, bath & kitchen fixtures and more. It’s so convenient and so much fun!
What Is Blue Hen’s Base Price?
We get this question all of the time: What is your base price, square-footage price or price range? The answer: We don’t handle the pricing process like some other home builders. We believe a base price or square-footage price can be misleading and confusing. Our pricing process is honest, fair and and it’s selection based. No vague allowances.
Here’s how it works:
- You choose your building plan: one of our designs with your revisions or one drawn to your specifications. (Don’t forget! We can work with any plan you provide, including a sketch on a napkin. We work with an experienced draftsman who draws plans to code in Kent and Sussex counties so the plan meshes perfectly with our pricing process.)
- You visit our convenient, on-site Design Center Showroom in Harrington to choose all of the features and fixtures of your home, including bath fixtures, kitchen fixtures, lighting fixtures, cabinets, countertops, flooring and more.
- We contact our regular suppliers for pricing proposals based on your specific selections.
- We provide you with a realistic proposal based on your specific selections, not a generalized allowance number.
- If you’re not satisfied with the price, we can discuss adjustments to your final choices to lower the cost.
Let’s Raise the Roof!
We’re the experienced home builders to help you through the momentous journey of building a custom house on your own land. Call us today at 302.363.0343 or contact us on the web to schedule an appointment.